View Single Post
      02-01-2011, 04:43 PM   #10
neech
Private
Rep
Drives: "11 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohcrap View Post
I think the stock M wheels it comes with are beautiful but I wouldn't mind looking at other, lighter options for track days.

Anyone know of a significantly lighter wheel that would work and looks nice? (brand and model). And yes, I'd consider 18's for track days but would run 18x10's all the way around.
Personally i like some of the Enkei racing series rims.. Enkei has 2 lines, their "street" line which is your average ricer jap rim, then their "racing" line which is actually pretty good for the price.. The RPF1's are only in a 19" for 5x120 and weigh 21lbs for a 19x10, and are about $500 a rim which is a good deal. I know some guys personally which ran they as daily and never bent one. To get any lighter than that, you could look into some Volk/Rays rims but those are pricey forged piece and to get 5x120 you're probably looking at over $3k in rims alone, and are 17-18lbs.

Edit: Forgot to mention that CCW has some decent rims and are made here to order in the US and the weights look like they are in the low 20s. http://www.ccwheel.com/wheelprofiles.php
check the classics' and lm20s. Nice thing is that they are "complete custom" meaning you can get any offset/bolt pattern that you want.

Last edited by neech; 02-01-2011 at 04:56 PM..
Appreciate 0