United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 328i '19 M6

Garage List
2019 BMW M6  [10.00]
2011 BMW 328i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by YarkoDrives View Post
A little more development today with the Can bus isolation and the ABS module.

Reviewing Diagrams the ABS is on both the PT-Can and the Chassis Can (F-Can IIRCC).

PT-Can = twisted pair Red & Red/Blue
F-Can =twisted pair Yellow & Yellow/Brown

Disconnecting the F-Can from the ABS resulted in the same 4800 RPM rev limit but kept the speedometer reading on the kombi. But otherwise all the desire effects retain inherit abs, without any traction or e diff electoronic programs.

what's interesting is that for the speedo, the wheel speed goes from the ABS wheel speed sensor to the DME over PT can and then the DME sends it over F-Can for the Kombi display. -I had assumed that the ABS would be sending the speed directly to to kombi over f- can.

FYI: the DME, KOMBI(Chassis) and DSC(ABS) are the three programmable
modules in the car.

My cohort believes that the kombi is a display-only unit and that it doesn't effect any traction or dme restrictions. having the abs send data to the dme and not directly to the kombi supports this design theory.

He suggest that the only programs active in the kombi-display-dash are purely informational such as the 'when to shift for efficient dynamics' or ' what gear the car is in' and that any restrictive 'management' programs must be operating in either the ABS module or the DME.

Can anyone confirm that the Chassis/Kombi does not perform any restrictions on the DME/ ABS?

Also Wondering if disconnecting the ABS from both the PT-can and the chassis Can will result in no rev limit. ie the rev limit is coming from the ABS module and not a program on the DME.
Double checked with shop and they've not done this with an e9x as it turns out. So I'll forward your research results here to them and let you know if they know something we don't yet. Thanks very very much for the help!
2011 E90 328i 6MT, BMW Aero, CF hood/boot, PI+CAI+RM+3IM+BPC, SS+CI528+ThermoTec+SS#1+2XBurns, AKG 75D eng/trans, Al/Delrin diff/RS, CM 850, UCP, CAE, AKG DSSR, DiffsOnline 3.91 30/90 LSD+BW cooler, C&R, Setrab, Accusump, AST 3-way+Swift, Aurora PR+BW spherical, Vorshlag CPs, M3 brace+UR bar, ARC-8 18x8.5, 255 R1R, RB/CSL rotors+cooling, 135i calipers, RS29, RT700, Safecraft, OMP HTE-R+804F+QD Superquadro, 6pt cage+FIA, Braille, RT DL1Mk3
Appreciate 0