View Single Post
      03-03-2019, 06:59 AM   #25
Happy Jose
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i M-Sport

Question Do you expect God to negotiate your deals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tock172 View Post
Don't deal with Autonation. In my experience, their used car inventory is comprised of the lower end of the spectrum. I've yet to see someone buy even a reasonably clean used car from any of their dealerships.
I don't know what the OP or anyone else is complaining about regarding Autonation. The company did all the repairs on his ride to the tune of $8,000. Sounds like a damn fine outfit if they stand behind their warranty.

Also a PPI is the responsibility of the buyer to order. And what does a Toyota dealer know about BMWs? Toyotas never break down, so their mechanics spend most of their days playing card. LOL

When you buy a car, all the important details of the negotiation fall on the buyer. That means getting the car inspected, figuring out how you are going to pay for it, negotiating the best price, and negotiating the terms of the warranty. About all the dealer does is keep a greasy grin on his face hoping the deal doesn't fall through and you take this pile of iron off his lot!

After you buy it, it is up to you to take care of any issues it has. A warranty doesn't mean you can just drop it off at the dealer for repairs. Likely you are going to have problems getting it fixed, because the dealer won't be anxious to repair it. Did you fully understand what the warranty covered?

What many of you don't understand is the deal on any car new or used is a blank sheet of paper. It's up to you to fill it out. Buying anything involves the pretty much the same process as buying a car. Always keep in the back of your mind the words Caveat Emptor.
Appreciate 1