03-03-2019, 06:59 PM   #28
Tommm
Driven Crazy
United_States
Rep
Drives: his wife nuts 128i 6m

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowsdower View Post
That's a fair point and I agree that people sell sport coupes for minivans every day because life changes. But someone driving a 135i that isn't giving him/her a headache would probably trade it on an X5 or something like that if they needed more space. If someone is trading a German car for a Toyota, it's usually because the German car has been giving them problems. That's not always true but probably a fair assumption, enough to warrant a PPI.
I doubt you have kids. Cleaning puke in a $400 a month leased Toyota minivan is easier than cleaning puke in a $700 a month leased or owned BMW. I know many people who traded their German cars for Japanese. I was one of them.

When I took the rear seat out of the XC90 to clean under it we laughed at the school of goldfish dancing around the cheerios on the carpet, and regurgitated chocolate milk in the crevices of the slider. We laughed because we bought the car used. Our friends with new minivans laughed at us because they can clean that shit up without taking out the seats. They don't care about 0-60. They care about getting home without complications, and supposedly cheaper repair bills. Reality man, reality.
Those droppings never made their way into my daily driver 944, or GTO because we had the kidmobile. I was lucky I could, and still have fun daily drivers with one kid. I probably would have traded the fun cars in if we had another, or if I married someone who isn't as cool with me and my car fetishes.

Last edited by Tommm; 03-03-2019 at 07:05 PM..
Appreciate 1