Qualin
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i - Completely Stock

Quote:
I hope for something tech-wise that would come close to this:

http://www.autoblog.com/gallery/myfo...ylincoln-touch
Noooooooooo!!!!!

Where I live, temperatures get down to -40 C, sometimes lower than that. Tech like that simply stops working at those temperatures. Then, when the interior of the car goes from that to 20 C within the span of 20-30 minutes and then back down to -40 C again, it plays havoc with these things.

The last thing I need is to end up with a cracked LCD panel that costs $1500 to replace! Especially considering that touch based systems in Cars, especially in Canada, become prone to all kinds of problems within a few years.

Sorry, I don't care how pretty it looks, tech like that doesn't belong in a car unless you live in a place with a stable climate or you drive back and forth between a heated garage and a heated parking garage all the time.

I'm so paranoid about such things, I don't even leave my GPS in the car for fear of finding it cracked the next day.

To me, An M1 should be just a track package. More power, less amenities. Give me a clutch pedal, brake pedal, gas pedal, a set of instruments, maybe some kind of a radio that has an FM band, a usable rear seat and heat... and I'm happy.

Heck, in a little coupe like that, I'd even ask for power window / power lock delete if I could get it. Who needs power windows in a coupe anyway? Sure, it's not as cool but to me, BMW should mean more than luxury.

Anyway, my two cents!
Appreciate 0