View Single Post
      03-19-2013, 06:49 AM   #66
SteveAZ
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i Cab

@idnan, How'd the bushing work out?

An update on my install...I've had these in for a month now and done about 700 miles. Right now, I'm actually pretty pleased with how the car is handling. I had a track day planned but it rained so that got put off for a bit. Should be another one soon. So I can't really comment from that stand point.

Basically, everybody talks about understeer and truth is, you can make any car understeer, it's all relative to how the car handled as a baseline. I will say with the mods I currently have to my suspension, I no longer have that "gawd I've got to do soemthing about this" feeling and I had it BAD if you saw any of my posts early on and even considered getting rid of the car for that reason. However, the car feels pretty good to me right now but I do think there is some more understeer I'd like to dial out of the setup. However, I am running at stock height and with stock dampers and springs and seriously, I want really good coilovers when I make the leap, so I'm holding off a bit. But, I seriously don't feel rushed now. The rear end is much more predictable, I don't feel it wondering around back there, and I wouldn't say I've comprimised the ride quality. As a matter of fact, when it comes to pot holes, manhole covers, or undulations in the road..it's greatly improved. So I feel I can now say...I do recommend these bushings without reservations.

Funny too is that my wife drove my car while hers was in the shop...got back in her car and said...."I can't believe the difference, your car feels so tight and handles so much better than mine"...agreed, her's feels like a sled with mushy handling and crappy brakes...oh and no power

One thing I do miss...when I'd punched it before and the tires were spinning...I miss the dancing around the rearend did..I could tell I was spinning badly, knew I was putting power to the ground, and it made the car feel kind of fun. Now, I can tell but not near as well and I see it more in the rpms than feeling the car shimmy around.
2013 F10--JB4/BM3
2015 F82--Fuel-It! Stage 3 LPFP & PI--PS2 Turbos-- JB4/BM3-FBO
Appreciate 0