11-07-2011, 07:09 PM   #18
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw View Post
Just got back from BMWNA headquarters where I attended the ActiveE training. They tought us everything about the cars, then we were allowed to take them on a 15mile test route to feel how they differed from the gas models. Here are my thoughts-

Looks
Apart from the graphics, it looks like a standard 1. All of the 700 cars are identical, same options/colors/ect. AW with Black leather, and cool contrasting blue stitching. There are no fogs, and the center console is a bit different. One notable change is the reduction in trunk space where one of the battery packs is housed. This reduces trunk space much like the active 7.

Drive
Very impressed. Is it going to set any land speed records? No. But the power is instant on and it is still VERY fun to drive in typical 1 series fashion. Kind of sounds like a big golfcart. I had a blast.

The application srocess begins December 1st and its a first come first serve basis to the first 700 units.

Let me know if anyone has any questions or wants one.

Ben

I just saw 6 Active-E 1-Series cars driving through Rancho Cucamonga today. I'd like to take one for a spin myself.
Appreciate 0