View Single Post
      05-25-2011, 11:18 AM   #15
Augenbrauezug
Captain
Rep
Drives: mk6 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuban335i View Post
Oh god... Not another one of these reviews that the BMW wins due to it's daily drivability..

The Porsche is leagues better than the 1M performance wise.. For example: the Cayman R laps Hockenheim in 1:12.4 (which is faster than a M3 GTS, Ferrari f430, Audi R8 V10, Porsche 911 GTS with PDK, And obviously the M3 and 1M). THE 1M GOES AROUND IN 1:14.1.

Give me a break.. You are comparing sports cars and their performance capabilities are not the most heavily weighted characteristics? Sure the Cayman R is more expensive, but it's also faster than BMW's most expensive M3 GTS around the track..

This comparison is a joke, I would take the cayman r any day over the 1M. I would actually never buy the 1M but would buy the cayman r if it's replacement wasn't coming out next year.
Oh god... Not another one of these critiques that the Porsche wins due to someone's ability to quote lap times.

They mention pretty clearly if it was purely performance the Porsche wins. Cayman R doesn't have a radio of a/c I think. No big deal if it's a track car, but most of us like to take these kind of cars out on the strip to watch heads turn sometimes. I may even want to take a girl for a spin, no a/c and radio is a kicker for me.
Straight PIITB. Then eat dumplings.
Appreciate 0