BadakVT
Enlisted Member
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 1M AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicardoG View Post
More questions have come up

Right in the middle of my downpipe and FMIC install and about to go with the MHD tune. Thinking of stage2. Do I need to change my spark plugs for colder ones or will I be OK with the OEM ones?

And, will I get a SES light after the removal of the downpipe CATS? I do have the O2 sensors in their respective places. Went with the VRSF downpipes.

Thans for your input
1) Try and do logs with the OEM Bosch plugs. Don't waste money if not needed. Mine was doing fine with Stage 2+ and OEM plugs.
2) Do not check the OEM Catted Downpipe checkbox then you won't get emission light.
3) Check cold start delete checkbox to quiet down start up plus it's useless since you have no catalytic converter.
4) I don't know how good the fuel is in your country, but if the octane rating is not reliable I'd start with one grade lower to be safe. Do logs and check for Ign timing corrections. Move up one octane rating if safe to do so.