11-29-2011, 01:18 PM   #7
sear
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FAST1 View Post
I did see what they said came out the car ina bottle in the service shop and it was basically clear almost with a little tint to it smelled like gas though. My insurance said that its not something they deal with as far as price on cars getting bad fuel so that wasn't a big help but im gonna get intouch with the station tomorrow and call to see if they had complaints on others besides me.

Thanks for the input as well
Jimmy
OP, certainly many root causes are possible for the issues you are seeing. Despite what others may think. Bad gas can cause this kind of damage. Its clearly no guarentee, but you really have nothing to loose other than a little time to contact the manager of the gas station and let them know what went wrong and when you were there for gas. I had a similar thing happen with my S4 a few years ago and as it turned out the gas station was aware of the fact that the tanker truck driver forgot to put the cap on the tanke after a fill and we got 1-2in of rain at the same time. The gas station's insurance (not mine) covered the damages.

It may be a long shot not knowing all your circumstances, but worth trying. Regardless of how likely the bad gas was/was not to be the cause of these damages, your likely only other option is to open your wallet for the full repair... Good luck
Appreciate 0