View Single Post
      11-22-2021, 04:43 PM   #1
ferocity02
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is

KW Street Comfort: Disappointed with Drop

I installed KW Street Comfort coil overs on the rear only last night (fronts will be this weekend). I had no idea where to set the adjuster so I arbitrability set it with about 1/2" gap between the threaded ring and the top of the mount, or in other words, there is still 1/2" left of available drop.

Fender height before install was 26.5" and after install was 26.5", exactly the same. I then took it for a drive on the bumpiest road I can find and it dropped down to 26.25".

Therefore, it dropped 1/4" from stock with another 1/2" of drop available. This means that this kit has a maximum drop 3/4". KW advertises the kit as a 0.79"-1.57" drop, and I'm seeing no where near that.

Granted, I was only looking for 1/2" - 3/4" drop initially, but I was also looking forward to having the option to go lower in the future.

One possible issue is that the OD of the KW spring coil is slightly larger than stock, so the spring doesn't quite sit into the lower spring isolator as nicely as the stock spring does. I also installed new lower spring isolators. Maybe it will take them some time to settle and form to the KW spring.

After the first few miles should I really expect the suspension to settle anymore?

2013 135is DCT Carbon Black Metallic

Appreciate 0