houtan
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by uberschnell View Post
I am running different pads front and rear. In day to day driving the brake bias is negligible, that I can tell you from direct experience (in day to day driving). Even under emergency braking (rare) there are no negligible effects and stopping distance is as good as stock (and far better then most cars in front or behind me)

I've tracked cars so I understand the importance in brake bias under hard, consistent braking. I do think for moderate track use it would be important to upgrade front and rear (Which I did on my 335i and found no real issue with master cylinder being inadequate).

If i was going to spend moderate time on the track I would have gotten front and rear, gone with slotted and not drilled, and would have a separate set of track pads for track days.

As is, I have these more for appearance then track. The main point I want to share is that as an alternative to some of the more expensive brands these have worked very well in day to day driving, look good, and that I am surprisingly impressed with the performance.

I am tempted to go with the rears but am working through wheels and tire sizing right now ($$) as my car has custom offsets due to custom wide-body. Perhaps if R1 is willing to offer a deal then maybe sooner then later...?
you going to share info on the custom widebody? sounds awesome.

Also, will be nice to here what R1 has to say about brake bias impact by just doing the fronts, and any impacts on master cylinder performance.
Appreciate 0