View Single Post
      03-03-2018, 02:57 AM   #27
vtl
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i MT

chris_flies

I saw your PM but figured I will answer here as the information is quite poor on the internet, and everyone wants to profit off the info

Keep the original EEPROM in the 135i cluster

Clear all codes first, then re-read them. Do they still persist?

Your mileage is higher than the 135i cluster, you do not need a new eeprom and you do not need to write your mileage to the eeprom. Since the odometer is stored in the CAS and the KOMBI, it will simply take the highest number and write your mileage to the cluster. The only thing you need to do is to read the data out of the 135i eeprom, edit the VIN to your vin and you are done.

Coding is done via NCSExpert. If you set the profile to expert mode, then perform SG_CODIEREN this will code the cluster according to your VO. If the temperature gauge still tries to show your fuel mileage, you will need to edit that option manually and code the car in 'FSW PSW' profile instead of expert mode. You can use a tool called NCSDummy, to search where that parameter is in the KOMBI module.

If these terms mean nothing to you, you will need to have a look at some coding tutorials and learn how to code it yourself (also purchase a DCAN cable and download the BMW software from the bimmergeeks website), get someone to remote code your car for you, or find a local to code it.