View Single Post
      08-12-2014, 07:26 PM   #11
SDcali
Rep
Drives: Black 2011 135i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundel335 View Post
Check the products at luxangeleyes.com; they have a new version of their halo illuminators that are actually color-adjustable. I had their V3 version in my '07 E92 and they were really great. This new version with multiple color settings should allow you to get just the color you're looking for. Sorry to hear that someone misled you about the bulbs - the halos have always been separate from the main headlights. Later Xenons in 1- and 3-series BMWs came with LED illuminators instead of the halogen bulbs. The aftermarket halo halogen bulbs work ok, but they burn out within 12-18 months and are not near as bright as the LEDs.
Thanks for the info. like I said, I am new to the scene. Although that doesn't excuse my lack of effort in figuring it out myself! Kicking myself for that

I was surprised when I first saw the lights... such an ugly yellow hue. I made the assumption that the M sport 135i would have nicer crisp white or blue lights like you see on alot of the newer models (stock) I suppose that wasn't the case in 2011, oh well.
Appreciate 0