11-17-2018, 06:02 AM   #72
JRobUSC
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral Gray 2019 330i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffermike View Post
An owner of a BMW who's Apple-centric would certainly prefer that this feature worked on iPhones, because that person is NOT going to change mobile platforms just to make this work.

Respectfully (and with emphasis added): It doesn't matter what entity is causing the incompatibility to a consumer. The consumer just wants it to work. If it doesn't, BMW shouldn't release it in the first place until that compatibility issue is solved, no matter what the cause is. Period.

It's bad business -- particularly in this case since BMW favors Apple/iOS over Android with nearly every other mobile-enabled offering. I really don't understand why you don't see this as a problem when so many others who've read this thread do.
I’m going to translate what you just said, so maybe you’ll understand how you sound:

“Since Apple won’t let me have this feature, BMW shouldn’t let ANYONE have it.”

Respectfully, that’s idiotic. Your gripe isn’t with BMW, it’s with Apple. Maybe if enough of you complained in THEIR direction, or stopped buying iPhones, Apple would start letting their phones do things Droids have been able to do for years. But blaming BMW because of a limitation Apple or Verizon put on your phone is asinine and pointless, and expecting BMW to not offer a feature to people who CAN use it just because you choose to use a phone or service provider that can’t, is selfish and flat out stupid. THAT is "bad business". And I have an iPhone, too.

Last edited by JRobUSC; 11-17-2018 at 11:26 AM..
Appreciate 1
BMWZ41909.50