View Single Post
      01-17-2021, 09:59 AM   #38
dandandan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i N55 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TridenTBoy View Post
Yeah, smooth for me as well. I don't have the microphone hooked up. I need to do that but because my car is a convertible - it's likely more tricky than other installers mentioned here. If anyone knows of a thread where people are taking off the trim for a convertible - let me know. I've had a hard time even figuring out how to remove certain pieces because there are no obvious screws or clips to undo.

EDIT: I will say - I can't tell if it's just in my head but sometimes the sound feels somewhat more hollow than when I plugged in normally. I don't know how else to explain it. Just feels like it's missing a fullness feeling. Also - audio levels are definitely weird. I can tell that it's not playing at 100% all the time when I compare how many turns of the volume knob I have to do... but then it has Google Maps directions completely clipping.

Wish I understood the levels better. It has some weird 0 to 18 range in the settings.
Agreed on sound quality. It's not as rich sounding and the volume levels are much lower compared with the factory Bluetooth to HK sound system.

I'm planning on playing with the options to get music into the head unit with the goal of somehow preserving the sound quality.

In the 300+ page thread for NBT users there are some that mentioned options but it's hard to be universal with so many vehicle sound options and iterations.

I have three audio input option for my HK idrive system:

1. USB audio in
2. Bluetooth in
3. AUX in

I'm going to play around with all of those and see how I can get better sound if possible.
Appreciate 0