Detailers Domain
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 M2C / 22 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehalcyon View Post
Hi Phil,

Recently received my uber foam cannon and a few other goodies from DD.

In the next little while I plan on doing my first detail attempt on my newish car ( picked it up this past Dec)

Its been driven through a long Canadian winter with lots of salt and the paint has taken a bit of abuse as a result.

I recently tried out my foam cannon on a lightly dirty car with chemical guys honeydew snowfoam. Tried different amounts, the foam looked good, nice and thick. After it was rinsed off there was still quite a lot of dirt and road film on the lower sides of the car especially.

Paintwork seems in decent condition overall but there is some slight abrasions from what looks like dealer prepping the car.

Here is my plan just wondering if you can make a suggestion or two if you have the time. Borrowed your template.

BMW 135i
Requirements:
Get the car looking new!

Exterior

1- prep wheels with Sonax Wheel Cleaner and clean up with Wheel Woolie angle brush

2- Tires spritzed and brushed, and wheel wells cleaned up with 1Z einszett W99

3- Prewash car with 1Z einszett W99 what ratio? Was thinking something like 4oz 1z W99 with 4oz Chem Guys Honeydew Snowfoam - fill rest with water)

4- Rinse

5- Spray down car with CarPro Iron-X

6- Quick rinse

7- Hand Wash with Autoglym Bodywork Shampoo & Conditioner (2 buckets with Grit guards, Meg's microfiber mitt)

8- Door jambs cleaned

9- Nano Scrub AutoScrub (Fine) with Glide Lubricant (never done this - break it in on glass is what I've heard)

10- Dry Car (don't have a blower so I anticipate some water spots can quick detail them out after - I have a Megs - Water magnet towel but I fear marring the finish with it)

11- Masking

12- Meg's 205 or Meg's Ultimate compound on Lake country white pad (light cut, also have an CG hexlogic orange pad) with PorterCable 7424xp

13- IPA wipedown 50% alcohol 50% water mix?

14- Autoglym High Definition Cleanser - Got this as a gift, not really sure where it belongs, is the same step as the IPA wipe down?

15- Autoglym High Definition Wax 2x coats

16- Clean Windows with Stoners Invisible Glass & polish them with Autoglym Glass Polish and light cutting pad, seal them with some Aquapel rain treatment.

few notes:
-Not sure what to clean the exhaust tips with , they look like they were originally a shiny black (stock 135i)

-Never dressed the plastics or wheel wells with anything, would Adams VRT do the trick? [I bought some tire dressing from a wally world recently and havent been very happy with it, seems to run when its wet and get my rims filthy.]

Sorry for the uber long post, thank you for reading!
it's a great plan. lmk what else you may need assistance on.
Appreciate 0