View Single Post
      06-27-2019, 02:06 PM   #323
spxxx
Boost
Rep
Drives: 135i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by berns View Post
Well, today was a good day! The car saw sunlight and left the body shop for the first time in about 5 months. It's been a long journey, but it's an awesome feeling to see what's only been in my imagination for so long, parked right in front of me. Just a cell phone pic for now. Long to-do list once I trailer it from the body shop to EAS tomorrow where I'll take over a lift for a few days to take care of maintenance and upgrades.

-Need to make new mounts for the oil coolers to push them further back toward the fender liners so I can build some ducting to help temps.
-Installing the new CSF intercooler, which will shave weight and hopefully be better suited to stock turbo track things, compared to the massive VRSF race core.
-Have to fit the new MCS 2way Remotes and find a nice place to mount the reservoirs.
-Also swapping to M3 rear spring arms
-Full nut & bolt check and making sure everything is torqued to spec. Have had too many loose bolts in bad places, and this is just from laziness on my part. I need to be better about doing things right and checking up on it. Amazing that I set my record lap at Buttonwillow with three loose control arm bolts (both fronts and one rear). I could change camber on all the wheels by hand in the air...
-Swapping out my RedLine 10w40 and trying out some Ravenol 5w40. Also replacing the stupid oil condition sensor, but man do I wish there was a dipstick kit out there.
-Going to install a 185* thermostat as well, because this thing doesn't warm up unless it's on the track which is really no bueno.
-Have to mount the front splitter, and then it's time to get it on the scales and see where we're at. At that point I'll decide if there's anything else I want to remove to save weight. My goal is 3000lbs without me. Any bets?

Wow that looking amazing. I'm sold on the rear 1M conversion now.

When's your next track day? I need to get out there, it's been way too long.