Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i N55 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0mghii View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandandan View Post
Thanks!

Here is a picture of the version of the Andream box I got. I suspect I have a newer revision or something. If you see option 3 in the video is slightly different than the diagram included on the cable LOL. What a mess with these guys. I'm sure it's a great product when connected but will be a real trail and error for me when I go tearing down the interior. I reached out to them and they seem to think option one is the way to go.

I'll report back when I have time to tackle this project. I'll need a full day of indoor garage time with all the tools ready to do the job. It's -11 here in Toronto at the moment so I'll need to be strategic and surgical about when and how to do this without breaking clips all over the place and making mistakes.

Also attached is a screenshot I found from another E82 guy who did the install. Not sure how accurate this is but again it will be a trail and error installation it looks like.
That guy M**g is me LOL, let me know if you have questions
LOL I had a feeling!

I'm just really surprised that connection #3 doesn't require the idrive controller connection. The Andream people sent me a more detailed description of the three options (my earlier post) and those show the idrive controller being used in all three options LOL. There's sooo much conflicting and stale/wrong information coming from them, it's really lost in translation.

Do you remember your dip switch settings? Also do you still have the box to compare the model numbers?

Also did you upgrade the software at all after you finished?

I'm sure I'll get it all working it's just going to be a pain to go through about 4-5 different possible methods wiring it and flipping dip switches. It would be nice to know in advance as I plan to disconnect my battery each and every time I swap the settings around and different connection methods.

Thanks again!
Appreciate 0