View Single Post
      04-27-2013, 11:32 PM   #1
TaylorFade
Rep
Drives: '08 135i

New underseat sub option?

Hello, all! Brand new to the BMW world and glad to be here. Coming from an STi but I am loving my 135!

Anyway... I'm a car audio nut. I compete in SPL and SQ on a world finals caliber level (world champ and world record in SPL) and the first thing I wanted to do was upgrade my sound. So I've been doing a ton of searching and reading on options.

I really wanted to avoid adding a trunk sub so I've been looking for the best option for an actual underseat sub; not a midbass trying to play sub bass. I looked at all of the usual suspects and then started hitting up the brands I'm most familiar with for options.

Not sure if you guys are familiar with Stereo Integrity, but he (Nick) makes the best shallow sub on the planet- the SI BM. I emailed him half jokingly to make me one in an 8" flavor. He was very quick to respond and to tell me that he actually had one in the works. Sweet.

This may not be a drop-in, but it sure looks promising as an actual subwoofer that may go in our cars. He was kind enough to share some renderings with me so I'll share them here for anyone looking.

This is the Stereo Integrity TM9. It's a bit deep for us (I think) at 2.25". Will that work? It also utilizes XBL^2 motor topology. Which is a patented technology that has a very falt BL curve and amazing linearity. It will have 11mm of xmax. Wow. And uses an arachnid suspension. Grills may not be an option with that depth and throw. Geez.

Anyway... tl;dr. On to the renderings. ETA according to Nick will be around December.

Arg! What to run until December!?
Appreciate 0