United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i M sport

Garage List
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mineo77 View Post
So i did not have a good coding experience. I loaded things up, had some remote help and selected E89 chassis and coded: digital speedo, amber delete, driver seatbelt gong delete, key fob window roll up and when i finished i turned the car all...all codes worked and my dash freaked the fuck out! I have 2 light warnings stuck on and cant remove. We recoded back to stock, i scanned with BT tool and cant remove them. I also have a service reminder light for my radiator which is set for 1/2001 (car wasnt even alive).

We have no idea why this happened, my battery was low and i had to jump it earlier that day prior to coding and shortly afterwards, but something didn't go right. Having to go to the dealer to do ecu reset.

We speculate that it could be the low battery voltage or just wrong software. Using the same software from Coding Success on e90 post.
I don't know how I ended up in the 1addicts forum..

But If you are still having issues I will explain why. You tried to program your car with older files (the ones on the computer you tried to code with) and your car was programed with newer files from the factory or last dealer software update.

All you need to do is find the newer files (called Daten files) for the e90 and use them to code your car. Yes e90 will work with yours since most of the modules are identical. The latest version out there is V41 or v42 (v is for version).

Once you have those, there is a specific way you need to update your computer. Follow instructions here http://************/3pl54k3

Then code your car with a blank .MAN file and you will be back to normal and can code what ever you like from there.

I can't find the link but search google for v41 daten files. The entire file is like 40 gigs or something huge. The part you need for the E90 is only about 1 or 2 gigs.

Hope that helps.

--Junior
Appreciate 0