View Single Post
      02-03-2019, 04:07 PM   #48
Thunderguts
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i Sport MT

I tried both ways to access the evaporator this morning and I recommend removing the blower motor. Believe it or not, the blower motor is super easy to remove. Once you've removed the panel under the dash, all you do is pull on a tab and twist the blower motor. I had it out in about 5 minutes. You can then run your hose and evaporator cleaner from the top under the air filter or bottom under the dash. I went through under the dash.

It was easier for me to remove the blower motor than it was to remove the end of the drain pipe because of how cramped it is down there. You have to remove the end of the drain hose because it has a sharp 90° bend and your cleaner hose will kink. I also could only jam the hose up so far before it hit something. I finally gave up and just plugged the hose with my finger while I emptied half the can as far up as it would go.

There's another important reason to remove the blower motor. Mine was filthy! I'm not just talking dirt, but metal dust from the bushing wearing down. I blew it out with an air compressor and oiled the shaft. It spins more freely now and won't die as soon I hope. Given the ease of removing the blower motor, I recommend that method.
Appreciate 1
Dackelone10538.50