View Single Post
      08-11-2014, 08:26 PM   #17
pattielipp
Ninja
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i & MR-S

Thanks everyone!
However, I have been without since last thursday.
Driving to the gym with my friend I started to have some bad misfires. The problem came and went and once I spoke to the dealership we agreed I would find a way to get it back to the dealership the next day.

That night i ran codes and came back with random misfires on cylinders 4, 5 and 6. Cleared the codes and they came back. Did some research and found a few things but decided to not touch the car myself and rather leave it to the dealership to sort out.

Got the car there and they hooked me up with a rental, a 2014 535xi Fully loaded. Thing is sweet but is HUGE in comparison to the 1er and my MR-S. I immediately parked it and picked up my MR-S to drive for the weekend.

Earlier today I found out what was wrong; It is as followed(from what they have told me):
The Low Pressure Fuel Sensor went bad. The effects of this made the injectors on cylinders 4,5 and 6 go bad which in turn fouled up the spark plugs.

Because it occurred two days after the purchase this is being taken care of free of charge. BMW is replacing the fuel pressure sensor, all six fuel injectors, and all six spark plugs.

My experience up to this point has been absolutely phenomenal with Passport BMW. However, I truly hope that after this I have no more issues for a while.
Appreciate 0