07-10-2013, 06:07 PM   #7
TheSt|G
Resident Tamed Racing Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 911, 130is, E39 M5, E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft Auto View Post
You mean to pass visual right? As in, clearing codes.

Do you have the SS lower cats on your car or no cats at all?

Last question, how much did it cost for the ceramic coating?

It's either headers for me, or...
Secondary cat and res delete, combined with which ever muffler back you desire (..mine being PE). I've heard from multiple people that this still clears smog in Cali. That being said, it's not my preferred option, but headers are a headache.

There's still the possibility of purchasing and installing, and inevitably - 'seeing what happens' - when my car is due for a check next year. We'll see...
Yes, it's a plug in OBD II pass. As far as I know Evolve are the only ones who can turn it down like that. I have heard warmed up it passes the sniffer without primaries with secondaries, but I don't know for sure.

I'm still running the secondaries the car comes with stock. They are pretty much a 400 cell car for free, so it makes sense to run them and there is barely any power to be gained by deleting them. I also do care about the environment and the smell, so I will never be catless. It is a DD and that goes against that to me.

I really can't remember how much the coating cost at this point, a few hundred at least.
Appreciate 0