flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSt|G
Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
Bmwp brakes are still 6pot up front, exactly what the 135 gets, so you would certainly find more force applied
Don't get carried away with piston numbers, generally a pretty useless stat. Brembo 355mm kit for our car for example uses a 4 pot setup, 135i uses a 6 pot. You and I both know they aren't even in the same ballpark.

For the money, the BMW PBK just doesn't make sense. You can match the advantage with more aggressive pads, and easily exceed it with a proper BBK.
You can easy find the front and rear setup <1k second hand off these forums even.. All you need to fit rear (i think) are new handbrake lines or something.. More pistons usually means more equal braking force application at the very least

As far as i'm aware the bmwp kit which is brembo only falls down with smaller rotor size (heat holding capability), and the fact the drilled rotors crack easily.

I mean, using your own logic.. Bmwp kit + better pads is still better than oem+pads lol

So $1500 for used bmwp kit with uprated pads vs at least 5k for something proper high end

Even a simple pad and rotor replacement for the oem setup (uprated pads and discs of course) isn't much under like $800 or something from memory

On another topic: does anyone know oem 128i or 130i exhaust diameter? Most aftermarket kits go 2.75 so im guessing 2.5 maybe 2.25? Google is no help..

Ed: magnaflow kit aftermarket cat back is 2.5, and thats an upgrade?
Appreciate 0