bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseM3 View Post
I was at the 1st 8 hrs of this race and last 5. There is much more work to be done on the M6's. They appeared competitive at first but as the race wore on it seemed that they lost their edge. They couldn't keep up with either the 911's or the vettes at the end. Maybe if the 100 car wasn't retired it would have been a different story.
As a motorsport fan I was very disappointed.
They were also the quietest cars in the field. I couldn't hear them at all over the other cars. Sadly even with the earplugs out. Even the eco Fords GT's had more sound which I believe are turbo sixes.
Don't know why BMW went with M6 for this class of racing. They must of had good reason.
The #100 car certainly seemed to be fairing better.

Regarding the selection of the M6, I'm not sure it matters much. These cars are all developed to a weight, power, and aero specification that will produce a predictable lap time, so it doesn't really matter if they go with the M6, the M4, or an i3. IMSA will make whatever adjustments are required to keep the cars competitive.

I'm hoping to make it to Sebring this year. Had too much going on to make it to Daytona. I had a few friends there though and they said the same about the M6. They said that the sound is extremely low-pitched compared to the field. I'm wondering if it has to do with the exhaust plumbing due to the inverted head-flow turbo config.
Past: 2010 135i - TiAg Coral Red 6MT ///M-Sport
Appreciate 0