06-18-2018, 08:41 AM   #8
Matticus91
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
Nice job, and the wheels show the effort that was put in to them...

I think you have way too much energy and need to come and detail my car to help burn some off.

Seriously, great work!
Come on over to the east coast and I'll see what I can do haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangplank View Post
Want to refinish mine? Should be easier since they are 264s.
I am never doing this again lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeWarrior View Post
Oh god I just had PTSD of back when I was a young lad with my E46. I decided to refinish some style 72's:

One of the most brutal DIY's ever lol.

Props to you sir, takes major patience. Yours came out really good! You should be proud
It was unbelievable, I imagine the 72's were about the same with all those small sections haha. Thanks for the compliments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1and1 View Post
See....
SEE!!!

You should have just sent em to me. I could have saved you that grief.
but NOOOOOoooOOOooOOOooooooooo

Wheels look great Matt! Well done.
You must be abusive as all get out on your wheels- I swear these were new, what, maybe a year ago?
Hahaha thanks man. They were "new to me" about 1.5 years ago, came off a friends 2 series actually, and had some minor issues then. After some time in the city and several road trips involving dirt/gravel they were really showing some age!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoral View Post
How did you handle the curb rash? Filler?
I used a wire wheel on a drill to even it out a bit and then just let the filler primer do its job. If I wanted them to be perfect, metal filler would have been the way to go. But the rash is barely visible and I'm $25 richer (cost of smallest metal-bondo filler)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_flies View Post
Looks awesome! My wheels aren't even worth the effort to keep in flawless shape ($59 a wheel from Tire Rack), so, I don't.

Why not just strip them to bare aluminum, polish the aluminum, and then seal them? My dad did that on his old Style 19's (best BMW wheels, IMO) and it made them pop...

Thanks! What wheels did you get?

I am actually not a huge fan of the polished aluminum look. I really like the hyper silver style especially on my paint color.
Esteban43737.50