View Single Post
      10-29-2020, 02:01 PM   #17
JimD
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

I use Torque. It is much cheaper ($5) but also less capable. But my OBD2 to bluetooth went out so Torque doesn't work at the moment. I ordered a new one from Amazon today with one day delivery promised. Torque is neat in creating a screen of gauges of other OBD2 data but will also read and clear the codes which trigger the "check engine" light. It will not code batteries or find the chasis codes. But I now have a reader to do that. I've looked at Carley but I like the setup I have now. One drawback of phone/tablet apps is your phone goes bad or you upgrade and now you've lost the app. There may be ways around that but with Torque only costing $5, it is no big deal. The separate reader will not have that issue. But if Carley works for you, great.

I put the other front wheel sensor on today and verified that it is sending data. I haven't installed the two new rear sensors yet but may if I decide to take the bimmer to see my daughter, son in law, and 2 grandkids for Thanksgiving. It's kind of fun to drive without the stability control but on a long trip at the time of year things could be slick, it is probably a better idea to have it.