View Single Post
      04-13-2018, 12:19 AM   #12
NinjaDog
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Did a wet skid pan last night, was first time getting it sideways and I really enjoyed it. Very floaty and understeery though which I guess is to be expected.

I am at a bit of a crossroad though with the next steps.

I have purchased a set of KW Clubsport 2 ways and OEM 8.5" rims to go on the front.
I was also planning on going 255 square but every serious 135i/1M car I know that races runs staggered.

As I am doing all the work myself, my immediate concern is that I install the coilovers and then have tyres that won't fit in the guards.

So, if I run the 8.5" rims with 245/40 with 10mm spacer in the front and 265/35 in the rear will I have any clearance issues? Will the tyres fit ok on the OEM rims?

Secondly, whilst the suspension is off, what else should I do while I have the chance?
Definitely upgrading RSFB, anything else? The car has adjustable LCA's but apparently not adjustable enough so gonna go with M3 arms. Will look into sway bars later. Also, interested in replacing for M3 steering rack.

Also, I'm fully expecting to hit limp mode my next track day. What happens? How long does it take to recover?

Cheers
Appreciate 0