bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PshhhhhMW View Post
This is interesting news:

https://fstoppers.com/gear/canon-foc...es-2019-324622

Hoping they come out with a flagship mirrorless body that blows the Sony out of the water. I'll jump on that.
One of the factors that led me to pull the trigger on the R is that all rumors I've found seem to point to a more entry-level mirrorless coming up next, nothing higher end. The R also seems to be their mid-level offering (like the 5D series) so far as pro/prosumer stuffs go. Good enough for me to not feel so bad when their next mirrorless cam comes out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Really looking forward to a review and some shots!
lol...so far, too much work and only some random shots of the dog and his shredded toy (taken at various ISOs for comparison).

So far, although the controls are a bit different than my 5Dii and older XTi, they have not been bad to adjust to. I have accidentally hit the multi-function bar on occasion but it hasn't annoyed me the way it has some folks (that didn't end up disabling it altogether). I have it set to adjust ISO so it just means it bumps me up a single increment since it only occurs if I rest my thumb on it while composing a shot. If I kept moving my thumb off/on, which I don't, then it increment more. Since it doesn't in my case, it doesn't bother me much since I haven't been using it on the fringe of where addt'l noise is really a factor.

I have the control ring on the EF adapter set to adjust aperture and it works well (for me). One finger gets focus duty (if manually focusing...rare for me), another gets zoom duty (if not using a prime), and yet another gets aperture duty. Keeps my left hand productive aside from holding the lens. lol

The rotary wheel on the back of the body isn't there anymore and the dial on the top (also used for Mode) doesn't feel as intuitive to me (for aperture) as the control ring does. I haven't set the dial to a different control setting yet since things seem to be working using my current settings.

I do wish they left a joystick on the back but not a big deal so far. It would seem to be better placed or easier to change direction (vice the directional pad it has) if moving the focus point manually. I believe the touchscreen can be used to drag the focus point around manually but I've only been using the buttons/pad and EVF so far. Baby steps.

No regrets thus far (phew!).