05-16-2011, 01:46 AM   #15
Terrier
Yet another cool E87!
Singapore
Rep
Drives: Silver 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergiompais View Post
the shock absorber theory doesn't sound very logical i guess... This part does not support the car at all... Only the spring does it. You can remove the shock absober and still be able to drive the car (ok ok absolutely not the same behavior on the road but possible). You can even take the bottom screws off the shock absorbers in order to let them loose and check if the gap is still different.
Did you check the positioning of both springs on the rear suspension to evaluate if they're on their places ?
After all the hassle, i decided to swop back to 225/40 tyres and the rubbing problem is solved. With regards to the height difference issue, after running a suspension test, my local dealer told me its perfectly fine for 1 to be lower than the other, max tolerance of 10mm. Had no choice but just to take their words for it.

When i took out the 245/40 rubber for the swop, i bend over to have a look and indeed only the right side(lower side) rub. The fender has got evidenxe of rubbing but not for the left. Not planning to do anything abt it unless problem surface again.