07-20-2011, 08:14 AM   #48
MilehighM3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Harrop E90 M3

Garage List
2009 E90 M3  [6.50]
Seals are for the injectors as they slide into the head. The decoupling elements are like a shock absorber. Since the injectors are right in the cylinder, they have to be free to move. They cushion the injector as it moves during ignition, as a basic description. The injectors used to be replaced individually for faults, or if there were faults for 3 or more, all 6. That was before the recall. Now that they have them figured out as to which are bad, they get scanned and the potential detective ones only get replaced. Just because 2 didn't, doesn't mean they are defective. Sounds like you have plugged/deteriorating cats to me. Causes uneven back pressure which causes the post cat O2 sensor faults as well as the misfires. You could drop your exhaust just off the dps and look up the down pipes to to try to see the cat material. If they are defective, make sure your jb is out and take it in. There is a federal emissions warranty I believe is 8/80. That's where I would go next. FYI cat failures is common in 2 different areas. First, cars with a history of misfires, and chipped cars. That's my .02. PM me if you have any other more specific questions. Best of luck!
Appreciate 0