flzrider
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayao
Quote:
Originally Posted by flzrider View Post
When I changed the tranny fluid a couple weeks ago I drove the rear of the car up onto plastic ramps (these: http://www.amazon.com/Blitz-11903-Rh.../dp/B000AMMN9O). I then used 2 regular jacks on the left/right front/side jack pads and made it level. Once level, I placed a bottle jack onto the front/center jack pad as a safety in case either of the 2 on the side failed. I also placed some jack stands I had laying around right next to the jack stands on the side for extra safety.

I don't mind getting underneath a lifted car if there is 2 or 3 layers of safety.
Do you think that there'd be enough space to get a jack under the center jack point with the rear wheels up on ramps? Those Amazon reviews suggest that the ramps don't grip the pavement very well and tend to ... launch. Any such tendencies that you've noticed?
Yea the ramps definitely do like to slide around on my smooth concrete garage floors. This is easily solved by putting a layer of carpet or anything else that will increase the grip between the floor and the bottom of the ramps.