03-26-2015, 06:12 PM   #5
Pig Farmer
Major
Rep
Drives: E92M

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatteSpace34 View Post
Hey guys,
I am getting these wheels and have heard a lot of BAD about them. Usually people who don't have a great experience post unlike the other way around. I want to hear some good things about these wheels. Just let me know what you think of them and your experience with them.

Thanks!
I ran a set of GTS-Rs for a couple years without a single structural issue. I currently run Apex EC-7s but only so I can run wider tires. While the GTS-Rs are 1" thinner in width, they give the illusion of being more convex than the EC-7s. Both sets of wheels are black, and the finish on the Breytons is more durable than the Apex. The design of the spokes also makes them easier to clean. What ever you do, don't use wheel cleaner on black wheels (even the "safe for all wheels" cleaner). I did this once on the Breytons and had white streaks all over the wheels when they dried. I had to pull the wheels off the car and compound and clay bar the wheels to remove the streaks. It was a PITA but the Breytons looked new when done. I don't feel like the Apex EC-7s would have faired as well. I ran PSS 225/255 tires with the Breytons and the tires were nearly flush with the fenders and there were no inbound clearance issues at all, so there's no need for spacers. There's really only two "bad" thing I can say about the GTS-Rs... You may get an occasional clicking noise in the front wheels during hard turns. Simply retorque the lug nuts to 88ft/lbs and it will go away. And lastly... the GTS-Rs look silly with studs. The lug holes are too shallow and even with 75mm studs, they stick out way to far.
Appreciate 0