Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by champignon View Post
There is no such thing as "a 911."

As the owner of a 2003, 911, 996TT, and someone who looked at, test drove, and almost bought a representative of all of the following versions, they are so hugely different as to almost not even be the same car:

996 Cabriolet
996 Coupe
997 911S
997 911
my current 996TT

plus others. And I haven't even mentioned any of the older air-cooled versions, which I have yet to have the pleasure to drive. Of course, all of these models are historic, and the current model is vastly different still, with its EPS, and price that would make your banker blush.
Okay, perhaps a new base Carrera? Or even a new Cayman GTS. Don’t get me wrong, love my 1 series, I just wouldn’t pay over $92k for one. But to each their own, right? I watch Mecum and see cars I wouldn’t bid on yet people pay six figures for. Paying that much money for a car never really driven, and that the buyer can’t enjoy either unless they don’t care about the depreciation just doesn’t make sense to me. And with it sitting for 8 years, wouldn’t there need to be some work done to ensure it was road worthy?
Appreciate 3
dmboone254972.00
hoyasaxa691.00