Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
2007 BMW M5  [0.00]
1M ViE Single Turbo Build

I've been collecting bits and parts then posting them on one thread but I thought I would start a new thread with all the ups and downs so far.

Over the last 72 hours we stuffed all of this into the M:
- ViE 3884 GTW 67mm 1.0AR Hot Side + OCD T51r Mod
- NPT 1/2 to 10AN Oil Drain to VTTO Oil Drain block adapter
- PR Coil Packs
- PSP 900 IC
- All Lines AN SS Braided (Water/Oil Return/Vac)
- A lot of misc maint stuff (Water pump, bolts, nuts etc...)

The car came out amazing but there a small to moderate things that need to be sorted. I am not sure if I can say this is due to the ViE kit or the 1M, though the 1M shares the 135i front sub frame so I cant see that creating variance. Also its a ViE one off kit due to the 1.0AR hot side.

Summary of fun challenges:
- Turbo sits very close to tower, AKG mounts ordered
- Front Screamer touches water elbow , Will need a little fabbing
- AN fitting on block for the Oil Return wedges on Pump to Thermo elbow, open to suggestions here
- Rear O2 placement is too tight for my taste, Will need to have the bung moved back
- Turbo must be clocked at 30 degrees due to Oil Drain, 30 is the max from what I've read so worrisome

Here are some fun pictures of the good and not so good!

PSP 900 IC is a monster and it always hurts to cut that much plastic out of the front.

We called this our window into M hell, not a lot of room to fit all that 4an vac line for twin scroll

Was able to push the OEM IC shroud back into place to help divert the air where its needed

Mostly together for first start up

Buttoned up with M3 cowl and Catch Can connected. Engine cover will require a lot of trimming

t51r Mod Noises :-)
https://onedrive.live.com/embed?cid=...BALBrmobi5lVcs

Challenge: Front screamer touching waterline

Challenge: Oil Drain touching elbow

Ill most some more pics up but she is running and super healthy, started up fine with zero errors or codes. Car is on spring pressure for some shake downs and is a beast above 4k RPMs!

==OLD SETUP==
ViE 3884 | PR | JB4 | EOS Billet Fuel / Manifold | Seibon Hood | Spec Twin | 900IC | Slek Lip / Diffuser | EC7 Wheels | KW HAS | Maddad + GTHaus | P3 | ViE Can

Last edited by Six Pot; 11-26-2018 at 10:14 PM..
Appreciate 3
Fakemike368.50
FIRSTM143.50