View Single Post
      09-03-2018, 04:15 PM   #11
neepertech
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWhite35 View Post
Which noise are you talking about? In my earlier post, I was referring to the noise that happens periodically every couple seconds that sounds like an old projector advancing a slide. Sound occurs in your video at 5-6 seconds, 9-10, 12-13, 21-22, and 25-26.
That is exactly what I am talking about OneWhite35. Get your car to the shop ASAP if yours sounds the same.

To verify it is the same or different with yours put the car SAFELY up in the air ON JACK STANDS, ramps, or lift and drop the undertray that protects the tranny. It took about 10 mins off and on. There about 7, 8mm bolts and the plastic tray rotates out of the way and drops loose of the car. Notice the diagonal pin on the passenger side that forces you to rotate the entire tray counter clockwise a few degrees to free it of the car.

I had my front wheels on ramps with the parking brake set. I started the car, crawled underneath and it was unmistakably coming from the transmission. With the undertray removed it was a lot louder. I was also able to feel the transmission pan and felt the vibration there.

Funny enough when feeling the aluminum transmission case and the mecatronics unit I could not feel the vibration/sound. Only from the plastic tranny pan. From what I can tell it is coming from directly on the other side of the pan. Looking at the parts diagram here https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=28_0005

this seems to be the suction pump. I wish I knew how it worked. The sound is like a servo that is groaning but the pump does not appear to be electric from what I can figure out in my googling. However, this has me thinking that it is low on fluid and scavenging. This is not fucking good at all. My only reservation that other than the noise the car performs flawlessly and has never been in limp mode or shown clutch slippage. I hope your noise is not from the transmission but if you have the same sound you better get it looked at or look at it yourself.

My car is stock with exception to BMW PPK and the required charge pipe upgrade. The OE blew off and broke many miles ago.

I'm hoping it just needs a tranny gaskipan replaced and DCT fluid change and all is fixed. We'll see and I'll keep you posted. Please do the same if you beat me to it.

Last edited by neepertech; 09-03-2018 at 04:23 PM..
Appreciate 0