02-20-2018, 11:41 AM   #100
chris_flies
Sideways and Smiling
Rep
Drives: In Exuberance

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by YearOneOne View Post
I have to get my car back out asap. I'm new to VA and excited for some ol back road lol
There are lots of them, especially out in the Shenandoah and Blue Ridge areas, and it's so beautiful out there. My mom would kill me, but I think the Appalachians in fall are prettier than the Rockies. Not as majestic and awesome, but more serene and beautiful...driving to Summit Point in September was wonderful, as you crested this one ridgeline, you'd be diving into the heart of the Shenandoah valley, and right at the base of the ridge, there was the river, and you can see the fog following the snaking river into the horizon.

I still think Joplin's my favorite, but I haven't driven outside my little bubble much; It's a harbor of peace and quite in an area filled with insanity and general hectic-ness...
Matticus913474.50