View Single Post
      01-03-2011, 09:17 PM   #3
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGWT View Post
"New paint safe"= means there is nothing in the product that will interfere with the outgas (solvent evaporation) process (i.e. Optimum polymer and some Megs products - http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=39257)

"Body shop safe" = a product that doesn’t contain silicones that would interfere with the paint bonding and causing something that is descriptively named ‘fish eye’
I see. Thank you!! From my understading fish eye usually occurs when there's a contaminant in the paint itself or on the car as it's being painted, so since my bumper has been painted I need not be concerned with "body shop safe" right?

Still, to be safe (if there's no downside to it) I'll order meguiars #34 which is definitely new paint safe to wipe the salt and sludge off my car, and find a new paint safe glaze to keep it shiny and in a month or two it should be safe to wax, hopefully

Unless, of course you or anyone else has more advice as to a good cleaning/protecting regimen when there isn't always time for a wash..

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Appreciate 0