11-21-2017, 12:10 PM   #48
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mGator View Post
Champignon, I am in south Florida (North Miami Beach) where the excess of "luxury" sports cars is unbelievable. My experience is the opposite of yours in that when I drive the 1M - yes, it's VO - I always get comments, looks, conversation and people taking pictures of the car. I am also surprised at how knowledgeable the younger "tuners" are about the car. We have an abundance of single turbo 135i conversions that make 500 hp plus but they all give the 1m respect and recognition as a rare model. It goes without saying that unlike the Ferrari and Lambo crowd that most of these young crowd also like seeing three pedals on the floor instead of two ..... ride on!
I have a couple of friends that have visited San Diego and stayed at the Hyatt Regency for a convention. When 1MGator visited I came straight from work and was driving the ZHP. When my friend from Iowa visited I was driving the VO 1M. In order to self park you drive past the main entrance and past the valet area. The car in front of me stopped to drop someone off and as I was stopped behind him the valet approached me. I said, no thanks I was heading toward the parking lot. He says "I know what this is....it's a 1M, you can't park this back there....look I'll park it here for free. So, I got out and he backed in right out front between a Lambo and Bentley.

: ) VO does seem to get a little more attention here in the US. Though in Europe, driving the AW 1M was like being a rock star. People everywhere knew what it was.
Appreciate 1
JP-1M171.00