05-06-2009, 04:21 AM   #15
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrym View Post
yep. good points I know. But it is $90k 'investment' and I'm in no particular hurry, so would prefer to see what gets announced in August. Also ..I want BMW to fit the Performance Engine KIt as part of delivery ..(rather than take it back for retro fit) ... and they are saying Q3 for that ... so Sept/Oct/Nov works ok for me right now ..an no dount they'll do something to 2010 to make it better as they have competition around the corner such as R20 etc ...we;ll see.

Also - sounds like Coral Red interier is popular - must admit it just looks fantastic. you guys also seem to all have sunroof ... did any of you think about deleting/foregoing just in case you ever wanted to turn this into serious track car? perhaps its the 80/20 rule where 80% of time its a rapid commuter and 20% just a bit of fun on track - therefore sunroof is ok ?!

It would be in your best interest to get the performance upgrade retrofitted. The 135i is really fast, you probably won't be able to tell if you got the extra 20hp or not until unless you were already used to the stock speed - not that bmw would rip you off anyway. It would just give allow for you to appreciate the extra power. Just my 5 cents.
Appreciate 0