09-02-2010, 12:47 PM   #65
SlicktopTTZ
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 91 300ZX Twin-Turbo, 2010 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD View Post
Driven to their full potential, the 135i is going to be harder to drive. Because it's full potential speed is higher so things are happening quicker and it will take more skill.

Driven to the same speed around a track or accelerating, the 135i is easier to drive. It is not near full acceleration if it is matching a 128i. You can make a mis-judgement on the timing of a shift and still keep up.

Applying full throttle at the wrong time without DSC is more likely to lead to an issue with the 135i. More power = more potential for large amounts of oversteer.

Jim
Thank you, somebody that actually makes sense!

And sorry but I still think I would have a better time driving a fast car slow, and then slowly working up to the limit. I've driven a miata 10/10ths, and I've driven a C5 Z06 10/10ths, but even at 7/10ths the Corvette is faster, and more exciting to drive.

Maybe I'm weird, I don't like to have full traction mashing the throttle in first gear out of a hairpin. I have more fun when the rear-end jumps out at 80mph on a sweeper with 400+hp on tap, and I let off, it snaps back in place and I ease into the throttle again, trying to find the max acceleration while not overwhelming the tires.
Appreciate 0