View Single Post
      02-03-2020, 06:43 PM   #18
$iriu$black
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg6975 View Post
There may be different rules from club to club and track to track but the fact of the matter is very simple: once you touch anything safety related you better go all the way to a system designed to work together.

All this talk of fixed back seats with three points and various combos is making my skin crawl. Once you go to a fixed back seat you NEED to have roll over protection, which means you NEED fixed, six point harnesses, which then means you NEED a HANS. There is no way to mix and match and come up with a solution that's as safe as stock, or fully fixed.

In the event of a wreck you need to either move in a way the way car manufacturers have spent billions perfecting, or make sure all of your parts don't move.

The only exception I, or the club I usually run with, makes is Schroth quick fit harnesses in an otherwise completely stock car.

Thanks for your response. I am particularly interested in the Schroth Quick Fit harness. I have always heard of it but NEVER knew that it could work for an other wise stock car like mine. I think this partly solves my problem. I have emailed NASA NE and still have yet to hear from them.
Appreciate 0