View Single Post
      12-31-2018, 10:43 AM   #1
Divbetic
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

VRSF 7HD FMIC Review/Results

A week after installing my new FMIC I figured this would be a great time to write a review incase anyone is still on the fence about which intercooler they want or if they need an intercooler at all. Prior to the intercooler I was just running a VRSF DP and CP with MHD S2 91 ACN. The power was great but I began to notice increase of IAT after multiple pulls. Being that I wanted to try out the e30 map I decided the FMIC would be my next step.

I worked with Tiago from VRSF and Mike from x-PH and decided that since I plan on upgrading my turbo later on, the 7HD was my best option. I was able to get a combo deal on the FMIC and n55 outlet on Cyber Monday and after a week my package arrived unharmed. I cruised around with my stock IC until I was able to make an appointment with my local mechanic, Ryan GMW in Auburn. Ryan was out on vacation but his lead tech was very well versed with n54/n55 and had no problems knocking it out.

Onto the important part, the results. Prior to the 7HD I was seeing my IAT rise anywhere from 20-30 degrees on a 3rd/4th gear pull. Once temps rose above 100 degrees I noticed the car felt dulled down especially compared to now. So far I haven't seen my temps rise much more than 5-10 degrees over multiple gear pulls. The quality of the IC speaks for itself and has definitely given me a new level of confidence with my current setup and as I move towards PS2.

These are two logs within a month's time, same e30 tune, similar ambient temp, the first is with the stock IC and the latter is with the upgraded 7HD from VRSF. To me, the results are incredible and the increased reliability has far outweighed the cost. I haven't noticed any additional lag or pressure drop as far as spooling goes however I have noticed I'm starting to spin 3rd where I would normally only spin 1st/2nd

Before:
https://datazap.me/u/divbetic/1125-e30?log=0&data=4-16

After:
https://datazap.me/u/divbetic/1226-2-1?log=0&data=4-16

Last edited by Divbetic; 12-31-2018 at 07:38 PM..
Appreciate 2
Fakemike369.50