View Single Post
      07-22-2018, 07:51 AM   #24
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeddo45 View Post
True but at least there's a hell of a lot more of accountability with the dealer than an Indy. But the dealer has its own share of horror stories (remember Blue Blair who was stolen from the dealer? How the hell does that happen?)

But with the dealer it's the most expensive option which is why there is a market for Indy mechanics. But I don't get how these Indy's charge you a ridiculous rate for a 10 year old car...
Not necessarily. Depending on the dealer, their mentality can be you're just a number to the thousands of other customers they have where people just default to going to the dealer. With the dealer if you have a complaint, you first go to your service adviser. If that doesn't work, then you go to the service manager. If that doesn't work, maybe the general manager now. Chances of you ultimately getting an audience with the owner of the dealership is slim to none.

With an indy, you are either one level away from talking to the owner about problems through the service adviser or you're actually talking to the owner. Two indys I've used. One I've either interacted with a service adviser or with the owner directly. The other which just opened up, I'm talking to the owners directly as they're the ones turning the wrenches too.
Appreciate 0