View Single Post
      09-03-2016, 04:46 AM   #86
PeterSharon
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSharon View Post
just to share my experience with you

Since BMW Portugal would not replace my mirrors went on holiday last month and on the last the day decided to remove my mirrors so i could bring them back to the UK and try a fix reinforcing the specific piece that just cracks

Removing them is pretty easy there are you tube videos about it just remember a 3rd screw that`s underneath the rubber have to lift rubber to remove 3rd holding screw

None of the mirror 3 holding screws are actually attached to that bit that keeps on breaking and actually that bit is a separate bit all together that is just held in place by 1 little screw on the middle and 2 little plastic pins to keep it in place from the inside i personally still dont understand how it breaks neither does my father as there is absolutely nothing doing any pressure on it the bit is actually reinforced on the inside i suppose is just bad plastic bad bunch and they just break with heat or something

Brought the bits with me and im planning on filling them up with glue to reinforce it all round and have them resprayed so i can put them back next year hopefully wont happen again

All the best everyone
Morning

after close inspection and testing the small screw holding the bit on place is actually the guilty party
BMW used a self tapping screw when the screw is in i can see the crack very easily it sort of lifts up when its out crack almost disappears
easy fix is just a smaller screw
will post some pictures but i have to resize them
Appreciate 0