ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Parker View Post
Interesting conversation here.

During one of my last DE's with the 1M I had a chance to hop in my friends 997 GT3 (3.8) for a few laps. After driving the 1M for 3 20 minute sessions and having a great time it was an awesome feeling to have the GT3's engine pull my guts and brain back in a way that made me a little dizzy. When I stepped out of the Porsche I had to look at it with different eyes. I know this is a bit off topic vs. the S65 transplant theory but the GT3 & S65 are very close in power and redline. Obviously, they are completely different cars but on track the high revving engine was a glorious thing compared to the N54. For every day street driving the N54 is an awesome kit but on track there's nothing like an epic normally aspirated engine that pulls to redline like it's very angry.
Agreed with the track/racing quality of NA engines; N54 as a turbo engine with overboost function is kind of like a auto gear box, there is always a degree of uncertainity about it since it decides itself what to deliver and when, however S65 and other similar engines are totally connected to driver input and driver input only, the more you push the more you get and vice versa. Full control for the driver which is everything on a race track.

"Perfect" would be to have both M3 (or a GT3) and 1M
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0