View Single Post
      02-21-2019, 09:02 PM   #66
ChillFill
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i M-Sport Coupé

Read the OP, some of the replies, skipped through some. I bought a 2008 135i M Sports Package. As a 2008, it had no fancy headliner, standard shift knob. No M badge on the wheels. Indeed, it came with the style 261M wheels. Wonderful design loved. Them 18x7.5 front, 18x8.5 rear. I bought the car used through an auction. From what I've been told, the car had a "wide tire package". Rear tires measures at 255/35/18.

As far a the quality, or toughness. : The car came with run flat tires stock, as most German, other luxury brands do now. Most people get rid of them their first chance. I live in Florida, the roads here a smooooth. With some occasional potholes, and in some areas (especially the big cities) they can get bad. After some tire and tire changes. I feel a slight shaking while going down the highway. This persists, get's worse over time. Went to a very trustworthy tire shop, the guys (not just one worker's opinion, multiple experienced professionals told me this): Wheels that come with run flats stock slightly rely on the rigidity of the run flat. I've hit a couple potholes, hit a few amounts of curbs at low speeds, like pulling out of a parking lot, turning in tight spaces.

I am told ALL my tires are BENT BAD. I was truly shocked. They said new tires will fix the treble, but in time the bent wheel will cause the good tire to form informities. This was told to me by 4 tires shops, including Tire Kingdom. Starting to believe it a bit. Of course, hitting curbs even at low low speeds, and potholes was my doing, however for the wheels to become bent like that was surprising.

I got myself a nice set of 18x8 and 18x9 from ECS Tuning for a VERY reasonable price. Drives perfect. Just need an alignment which will be done tomorrow.

One of my 261M is if fairly good shape, anyone wants it <--- I'm your guy
Attached Images

Appreciate 1