04-23-2020, 07:54 AM   #3
asbrr
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335ix M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA64LIFE View Post
I'm sure reviews for 3 stage IM and tune are not necessary anymore as everyone knows that they are the best mods in terms of power for our cars. But, I'm so satisfied with the results that I wanted to give my 2 cents.

My car: N52, Intake and exhaust. No headers.

Install:

3 Stage Intake Manifold - This was relatively easy as long as you take your time and follow the diy's on the forums. I did it over the course of 3 days, spending 1 hour a day and really taking my time. Even the hose clips that everyone tends to struggle with weren't too bad at all, just gotta give a good squeeze and pull.

Stage FP Tune - Took about 1 hour for downloading my stock tune and 10 minutes uploading the modified file.

Impressions:

EVERY N52 needs to do these mods. I almost sold my car due to the lack of oomph and drama from the stock N52. Being a previous E46 M3 owner, I missed having that extra surge of power in the mid-upper rpms. While I still don't have that kick in the upper rpms, from 3-5k it feels great. There's a sense of urgency now with the car that was previously non existent imo. My only regret is not doing it sooner.
Pay close attention even in the upper RPM ranges (4-6500) - the car would simply "run out of lungs" in stock form, it pulls much better all the way up. I felt like I was "discovering" the car for a good few weeks because the changes in response and extra torque are all over the place (even down low).
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8222.00