View Single Post
      07-21-2018, 10:38 PM   #8339
rowsdower
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 128i 6MT Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_flies View Post
Went to another track day, this time at Summit Point's Shenandoah Circuit with SCCA WDCR. Shenandoah is an awesome track, FWIW. Got two dry sessions and two sessions of POURING rain, which was so much fun, and offered a lot of insight into how the car behaves, and it was far less abusive on the car. I also got to hop on the skid pad a few times (possibly the highlight of my day, it was SO much fun). Still rocking the open diff, but it worked fine with the minimal traction available. Tomorrow, I should be able to start going fast (it'll finally be dry, and most people will have learned the track)...

Had an interesting thing happen to my brakes today...my outer bleed screw on the front passenger side caliper came a bit loose, and I started losing brake fluid, and brake pressure (the pedal didn't ever stop moving). Not a great feeling. Luckily, my instructor had an 11mm wrench to snug it down to finish the day. Took it home tonight and bled that caliper, but there was no air in the line.

Since I got home so early, I got the finishing touches done on the LSD build. Both output flanges are in, the backlash is set (to PERFECTION!), and I checked the mesh of the gears (marking compound is like anti-seize, it gets frickin' everywhere). All I have to do now is put on the sealant, put the cover on, fill it up, and bolt it onto the car. It's going to be an absolute beast with the 3.73 ratio, and will finally be able to get every bit of power to the ground.

Attachment 1865918
Awesome! I hit Shenny once in 2012 and it was a good time. Did you run through the carousel? When I went we turned at the bus stop because of runoff concerns. I am jealous about the LSD!
Appreciate 0